Sounds like Steven's doing great things and the pic of him and Jensen was great! Thanks as well for the pic of Parker, that's so great that him, Chad, Jesse, and I get to be out serving at the same time. I got the package with the Spanish gospel library and the PMG. You guys are the BEST!
This week has been a crazy one, but it seems like they all are as a missionary! On tuesday President Ware and the assistants gave an incredibly good, and incredibly long, training. President Ware focused on the fact that it is our responsibility to change the way we act, think, and teach to keep up with the Lord's pace of hastening the work. The assistants gave a training on how the mission is switching up weekly planning. Instead of taking 2ish hours, it now takes 5ish hours. Even though it's really, really long apparently they've already seen some great results because of the increase in focus it provides on the investigators. After the training we did exchanges and I headed up to a super tiny town called Warden.
Warden was quite the place.... Since it's right next to a huge potato plant, the waste from the plant reeks and so every once in awhile throughout the day the town smells terrible but the exchange on a whole was good! We were able to talk with a bunch of new people which was great! While we were talking with a less active guy he asked why I didn't like to speak Spanish, since I hadn't said much. I said I loved speaking it but didn't know how to say much yet. I'm not sure he bought it...
On Friday we had a great lesson with our investigator with an on-date. He's a great guy and whenever I don't want to knock on another door I think of him since we found him when we were tracting about a month ago. We taught him the 10 commandments and the law of tithing. He said tithing might be rough for him because of how little they make and how much he sends home to Mexico but I pray he will see blessings from it!
Sunday, definitely some strange and good experiences to be had for sure.The topic for Sunday School is the Old Testament and I thought it was hard enough in English.... With the entire lesson in Spanish and all the scriptures in it as well, I honestly understood only 40% of what was going on! Yikes... My reading and listening comprehension of Spanish has improved a lot even if speaking is coming slowly but that lesson certainly made me worried! ;) Later that day we were tracting and talked with a Lutheran pastor, someone yelled at us to go away without even opening the door, and helped a less active member put an ambulance door on an RV he was restoring! That night we had a lesson with one of our investigators and he had some great questions about the importance of the Fall.
This week I've really tried to focus on the being guided by the Spirit and turning over all of my desires to the Lord. He really is our Savior and when our desires, words, and actions become like unto His, the things of the world that drag us down (especially when trying to focus on others as a missionary) seem to melt away. Trusting our heart, might, and mind to the Lord allows great things to happen!
Love
Elder Spackman
No comments:
Post a Comment